Thursday, October 2, 2008

ffa field day and weekend plans.

Well today I got to miss a day of school and we went to Salem for our ffa field day. We went to a pretty big farm where they had small station things and someone would talk to us. One of my favortie things was when we got to stick our arms in the side of a cow. There was a small hole that was connected to the first part of her stomach so we got to touch the stuff she was digesting. It was really neat. My other most favorite thing was when we went and had the old man talk to us bout his border collies. He had them trained to herd animals and two of the three dogs herded some ducks through an obstical course then one of the dogs hearded three sheep back to their pen from way far out in a field. Besides that we talked about testing hay, crp stuff, and how they used mules when I think it's called logging? And somehow in the process of all of this I got sunburned :(. I almost never burn, and i just got burned on my face haha.
Sometime tomorrow morning me and momma are leaving for Texas. If we get there in time we're going to try to make it to petersburg's homecoming. Saturday we're going to Ma and Pa's house for dinner then coming back Sunday. I'm really excited but bummed out for the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: