As of this afternoon, I have an accepted contract on a house here in Sullivan.
My closing date is on or before April 30th, but we take possession next Friday. Yipee!
This was the first time I have gone through this process all by myself...and it was very empowering.
The house is small...three bedrooms with only one bath. I tell the kids it's just really cozy!
It also has a one car garage and a full, but unfinished basement...which Bridgette called dibs on. And of course there is a fenced in backyard for the puppies.
The stainless steel appliances are included, so I won't have to worry about purchasing those items when I go on my furniture shopping spree. There's also a standing mailbox out front, and I am going to have my maintenance man, Curt, take it out and replace it with the one my dad made me several years ago. I have hauled that sucker all over the country just waiting for the right place to put it.
Bridgette and Reese have been terrific...and in spite of things, Don has been, too.
Now comes the fun part....
MOVING.
Ugh.
The kids have recruited some of their friends to help, so it ought to be interesting.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: