Monday, September 6, 2010

Cross Country

It is such a blessing that my two little Ramsey kids inherited their dad's running genes. Reese got some of my clumsiness, and Reagan got my diva-ness, but at least they possess some athleticism. Reese placed 16th in his first meet of the season. Medals were only presented to the top 15, so that was a bummer. He shaved one second off of his time from last year.
Reagan placed in the top ten at her meet. She even beat a lot of the boys that were running the same time as the girls. We'll find out this week exactly what place she received.
It's labor day weekend I have worked all weekend since my house is empty. Reese went on a float/camping trip with friends that included a Barber Shop Quarter...only Reese. Bridgette went to the lake with Steven and his family and attended a Catholic church for the first time. Everyone at the Ramsey house was sick at their stomachs:(
I should've been cleaning, but I needed to stay busy and be around some people. I have a couple of my housekeepers from the hotel coming to clean my house later in the week. One of them asked me if I had a big huge house. I just smiled and explained to her that my home is very small and very average. It is interesting to see people's assumptions and I would love to see their faces when they actually walk in and see it. Not at all what they expect, I'm sure. Perhaps they will see a more human side of me and know that I am not that different from them afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: