Donnie rolled up some old rusty barbed wire so I could use it as a wreath. I was shoving spent shot gun shells in the spaces between the wires and then putting Christmas lights in the empty shells. In order for the lights to be secured in the shells, I was using a butter knife to turn the edges inward....kind of like when you're rolling pennies. Anyway...I was putting a significant amount of pressure on one when my butter knife slipped and I stabbed myself in the thumb of my left hand with the knife. The wreath is looking good...I'll show you pictures when it's finished.
Anyway...blood was dripping...I was bawling the good ole ugly cry...and Donnie was getting queasy. He was frantically calling for Bridgette, but she was at a basketball game, so Reese was there to take care of me. Reese was amazing...he should be a doctor. Moving on....Donnie called Peterson and we went over to his house so he could determine whether or not I needed stitches. Peterson said it would be fine...but it was deep, and I needed to make sure it didn't get infected. He put some iodine stuff he uses on the horses on my wound and then bandaged me up.
End of story.
Now...was that not a redneck story or what!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: