Thursday, November 19, 2009

Good Times

I still feel cruddy, but life must go on. I was fortunate enough to be able to stay home today. I must work tomorrow and Saturday, as two of my employees are on vacation for the holiday.
Reese and Bridgette just left to go see a play, "Cinderstein" at the high school. They've been tremendous while I've been sick. They're great helpers and very sweet about checking on me. That was a clue that I must really look like hell!
I have a ton of stuff to do...the house is a wreck....I have a busy weekend at work....picking the kids up in Oklahoma next week...., and of course, shopping and preparing for the Thanksgiving meal I'll be cooking. (with the help of my lovely daughters, I'm sure). That means you, too, Sage.
Oh, well....I'm sure it'll all get done somehow.
I'm also making plans to go to Texas and stay with my grandmother for a few days in December. She was always so good to be there when I needed her...especially as far as taking care of my babies. Staying with her for a few days is the least I can do....I should be doing more.
The funny thing is...Don will forever refer to those few days I'll spend in Texas with Ma...as "that time you took that vacation, Amanda."
Hahahahehehe....I don't think so!
Staying with Ma will be as much of a vacation as riding for hours on a bus full of Baptists to go teach little Indians about Jesus out in the desert. He calls that a vacation, too!!!! I compare it to being in hell with your back broke.
...not really....
but kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: