Friday, November 7, 2008

This n that

The floor guys were here most of the day and as you can see my living room was put back in order. It's always awkward having people in your house all day...but I am so grateful they finished. I wasn't looking forward to living with the mess all weekend.


The Guys...
Don, Nick, and Greg left yesterday to go deer hunting. I usually go with them, but decided to stay home this time. Next weekend will be a lot more fun...it'll be the opening of rifle season. I don't much get the point of bow season, anyway..I'm just there because I enjoy the campfire, the stories, and especially the food.


Although I was thrilled to have some time to myself yesterday and today...and I can't believe I'm even saying it...but...I kind of miss the guys. Several of Bridgette's friends are here and I forgot how LOUD they can be. I just threatened to send them all home...it seemed to have worked...at least for the time being. I must be turning into an old shrew because I can remember having four young children of my own, plus a few extra neighborhood kids, all playing and hollering and running around. They would drive everyone else crazy, but I didn't even notice. Let's just chalk that up to denial and youth...those were the days!


Speaking of the kids...

I miss them like crazy. I called them awhile ago and didn't reach them. They are probably at a ball game. Their schedules are crazy. Lee is salt of the earth.
I love talking to them...they're a hoot. I keep meaning to tell Jon about Reagan's 'racists story' but I keep forgetting. It's so funny. When I went to Texas to see the kids, I picked Reagan up from school and asked the usual, "how was your day?". She said it was fine, but that she got in trouble...kind of. Long story short, a little black boy told another kid that Reagan was racist. Coach O'Malley pulls Reagan to the side to talk to her. Reagan told him that she wasn't racist...she even had a black person in her family.
Which is true...my second cousin whom we see about every five years, married a black woman. It must have stuck with Reagan. The coach starts asking her questions like where does this family member live?...do they have any kids?....how are they kinned to you? Of course Reagan doesn't have a clue and just tells him they do have kids but she doesn't know the rest.
In that small town..I'm sure Coach O'Malley was wondering if the kin folk were on Jon's side of the family. Probably so.

The big accomplishment...

I wish I'd of taken a 'before' picture of Don's office. It was piled...and I mean piled...with paperwork. He hasn't done anything in there since before we got married. The task was so daunting neither one of us wanted to tackle it. We just shut the door and tried to ignore it. But...since the floor guys were here today, and I basically wanted to stay out of their way... I spent all day, filing, reconciling, organizing, and putting things away. Don will be so impressed he can actually see his desk. And since we have several meetings next week, the timing couldn't have been better. So, even though I am kind of in a funk this evening...I do feel like I've accomplished something.



Now it's time for a glass of wine...a bath...and off to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: