I've been a deer hunting widow for more than a week now. Although I love having time to myself and I enjoy doing my own thing....I'm starting to get lonely and a little antsy. Earlier today I attempted to hang a very heavy object on the wall using sheet rock screws and I totally screwed the whole thing up. We recently had the entire house painted with a faux finish...and I managed to put two holes in the wall. Don will be so proud.
Bridgette is hanging out with friends this evening, so once again it was just me, myself, and I...and all three of us are frustrated.
Thankfully I received a phone call inviting me to go out to Beaufort to Yippy's house. Yippy is the mother of a life-long friend of Don's. She has pancreatic cancer and her daughter-in-law...and our friend, Nancy is spending the weekend with her. Like me, Nancy is a deer hunting widow, as our husbands are hunting together, so we had a great time hanging out. Yippy looked good and was in good spirits.
Nancy cooked supper, we ate, drank some wine, talked and laughed. I was on the phone to Reese while driving back. He is a joy to talk to.
It was nice getting out of the house, and I truly appreciate the hospitality of the Midwest. There's nothing like it.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: