I am leaving in the morning for deer camp. Although the guys will have an enormous amount of scrumptious food there, I couldn't show up as lady of the house empty handed. Plus I had to cook something I knew the guys would probably eat, but something they wouldn't think to cook themselves. The food is the greatest thing about deer camp. You get together some male egos and a grill and you have the makings for some delicious food. Since our deer camp is really a house with an actual kitchen...(you know I wouldn't be actually 'camping') it makes it a lot easier to prepare a real meal.
I spent the day cooking a pot of red beans. Here in Missouri people don't typically eat red beans...instead they eat white beans with ham hock. These weird Northerners...I tell you!
And, us Texans know you can't have beans without cornbread...real cornbread with some green chilies. Mmmmm...mmmmm good.
Of course what's breakfast without homemade cinnamon rolls!
And...the weird looking casserole....that is a Reuben casserole. If you've never had a Reuben sandwich....you just haven't lived. Corned beef with sauerkraut, thousand island dressing, and swiss cheese on rye bread. Sounds gross but it's actually fabulous.
Hope the guys enjoy.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: