I tend to panic about stuff and I immediately call Don to get his input. He's my security blanket and calling him is just a reactionary and immediate response.
I called him last week to tell him something that I thought was really important, although it turned out to be nothing. I kept getting his voicemail, so I just kept calling until he finally answered. I had forgotten that he had an important meeting that day. He thought something was terribly wrong and was pretty perturbed that it was a menial issue. So, I told him right then and there that I was crossing his name off the top of my calling list.
Fair enough.
Fast forward to Sunday.
The kids discovered water leaking from around the toilet in the hall bathroom. It wasn't bad, so we just put towels down to soak up the water until Don could look at it. I knew he was coming home from the farm that evening, and I didn't think it was that big of a deal.
Keeping to my word...I didn't call him.
The guys arrive home and before Don could even get inside the house, Nick went downstairs and discovered a mess. The water leak had been dripping through to the downstairs ceiling. It was evidently much worse than I had thought.
Needless to say, Donnie wasn't a happy camper.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: