Friday, June 5, 2009

Cereal and Elvis

Several food vendors are vying for the hotel's account. I plan to purchase many of my personal groceries through the hotel's food vendors, as well.
Since my favorite cereal is so difficult to find...Wal-mart doesn't even carry it...I'm on a mission to find Grape-Nuts Flakes in bulk. Between me and the kids, we eat a ton of it.
So...I told each of the salesman that whoever could give me the best deal on my cereal...the Flakes, not just Grape-Nuts...then I would use that salesman as my main vendor.
Wow...this has turned into a circus.
Come to find out, one of these salesman is also one of the country's top Elvis impersonators, with his own band to boot. I should have known.
And of course, he's the one who personally purchased my first batch of cereal, is giving me a great price on future purchases, and therefore, has earned the business.
This is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: