Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Friday!

I miss my children incredibly.
Sooo...I work a lot. It helps distract me from that longing feeling that builds up in the center of my chest. However, you can't run forever, and those feelings eventually catch up to you no matter what. And it sucks.
I wonder if it will feel the same when the kids are grown-up with lives and families of their own?
Will I miss them as much as I do now?
Now on to happier thoughts....
Donnie and an entourage of guys headed to the farm this afternoon. If all goes well, I will drive up there in the morning.
The weather here has been fabulous. High seventies and lows around 60 degrees. It's also been showering just about every other day.
On another note...
You're going to think I have lost it completely...or by now you're going to know that it's just the way I am. In short, I'm just plain weird. So here it is.
I'm planning an open house for the hotel and I have a local 'astrologer' choosing the date. She's a very classy and talented lady....very artsy. She's even written a novel, although I heard it was a little riske'. Anyway, she wanted to choose the date based on how everything 'lined up' and I didn't see any harm in that.
Next on the list.
My food salesman/Elvis impersonator is going to perform at the open house. I watched a video on his website of him performing. I really thought it would be cheezy. But, I was blown away by this video. Good stuff.
The local radio station will be broadcasting live, too.
I have yet to make any decisions on my favorite and the most important part of the whole thing....the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: