Thursday, July 9, 2009

Thursday

The day began with an interview for a front desk clerk. It was all I could do to keep a straight face on this one. This was one of the most bizarre cases I have seen thus far.
She began by apologizing for being late....for having marker all over her arms...and for wearing flip flops and looking so bad. She then proceeded to tell me about her year long tattoo apprenticeship and how she really needs a job to pay for it because it costs $5000.
Next!
On a positive note, I did hire an assistant last week. His actual title is Operations Manager. He's a recent college graduate...and from what I've seen so far...an answer to my prayers.
And...oh...remember the employee that cut his thumb? He finally went to the doctor yesterday. The doctor said he would like to stitch it up, but there was nothing there to stitch to. Yuck.

This afternoon Donnie came over to meet with the accountants and we all poured over reports. As boring as it was, Donnie made it fun. He had us all laughing so hard.

I made plane reservations for Bridgette and Reagan to fly up here in a couple of weeks. Later on in the summer I will drive the girls down and pick up Reese.

The landscapers spent the day at our house working on the backyard and the pond. I can't wait to get home and see what they've done. I miss doing yardwork and Lord knows I don't have the time, so this makes it nice to have some help.
The house sure is quiet without any kids there. Even Skeeter seems bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: