Saturday, July 11, 2009

Watering Woes

I spoke with two of the children this morning. The other two were still asleep. Bet you can guess which ones.
Reagan said her hand is much better today. She's enjoying her puppy and her new DSi. Bridgette is still being Ellie Mae out at Watson Farms.
I came to the hotel to water the landscaping today. As I was rolling out the water hose, two little boys were standing outside as their parents were packing and loading up their vehicle. The boys came over where I was and wanted to help me water. You know how I am about little boys. One of them offered me a mint from the room and I told him no thanks because I had gum. He said I could save it for later, so I put it in my pocket to appease him. These two were as cute as they could be. One was five and the other one six. They were great about taking turns. Then for whatever reason, their parents thought they were bothering me and called them back to stand over by the vehicle where they were now visiting with relatives. At first the boys would just stand on the water hose so it would restrict the flow. Then they figured out how to kink the hose...wait until I turned around...and then let go. They then started the whole process again...for what seemed like forever. And the dad gum parents never thought for a minute that this was irritating the heck out of me. One of them finally said, "boys, let the lady finish her work."
No such luck. They weren't letting this lady do anything.
I finally just laid the hose down, came inside, and waited until they finally left.
As partial as I am to little boys...
I wasn't feeling it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: