I inadvertently left my phone at work Thursday night. So Friday morning, I rushed to work so I could call Reagan and sing Happy Birthday to her. Matt was there, so I was a little reluctant at first, but who cares...it was my baby's birthday. I told him I needed to call my daughter and wish her a happy birthday.
Everyone knows that I can't sing. So instead of trying to sing well...knowing that I suck, I have traditionally sang this song to my children in the most dramatically cheezy...horrifically off key...theatrical and over-the-top way making sure to get all the cha cha cha's in.
Matt was fortunate enough to witness this madness. He was a good sport and didn't say anything, and we quickly went to work.
Several hours later, Matt's wife and baby stopped in to say hi. Somehow we got to talking about it being Reagan's birthday and I was telling Kandie how I called and sang my silly rendition of Happy Birthday to my eleven year old.
That was a light bulb moment for Matt.
Earlier, he didn't realize I was doing that on purpose. He thought I was sincerely singing and he was embarrassed for me that it sounded so bad, hence his silence afterwards.
Too funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: