Saturday, August 22, 2009

Reminiscing

Tomorrow is mine and Don's first wedding anniversary. WooHoo!
A lot has happened in a year. Don and I have fought...loved...worked hard...played hard...and most importantly, we have laughed and had fun. That's what it's all about, right?
As I set out the frozen wedding cake for tomorrow, it takes me back to our wedding day.
Although my siblings and their spouses were superficial and less than kind, I didn't allow that to put a damper on our day. Everything that is important to me was there that day, and that's all that matters.
My parents... grandparents...children....the preacher...a devoted friend...and my Donnie. The dress, the chapel, the good food, and the simplicity, humor, and genuineness of it all...
These are the things that really matter.
I am so grateful to have those priceless photos of Pa in his last days.

Ok...enough of the mushy reminiscing!
I still don't know what we're doing for our anniversary. Don wanted to take me to Tunica. As much as I would've loved to have gone, I knew we couldn't leave the kids. So, maybe we'll just go out and eat at a nice restaurant. I would be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: