Yesterday, Don and I took the mustang and went to St. Louis and ate at a nice steakhouse. When we returned, the kids and I took the cake we'd made earlier for Greg's birthday...stood on his porch and lit the candles...a five and a four...and then knocked on his door. He was so surprised and so grateful. Greg is single with no close family and he was spending his 54th birthday alone. So sad.
After that, we went to Walmart and bought groceries. We returned home to a house full, as Max and his friends were there. Those groceries were gone in not time.
And remember that wedding cake that I'd sat out of the freezer earlier? Well, they'd dug into that, too. And when I started coming unglued...Max said that he only ate the frosting and the flowers...that there was some of the cake left. Funny. And I couldn't be mad because it was my own fault.
Today is mine and Donnie's very first wedding anniversary. Boy, time flies. It's been a wild ride of a year.
This morning we're going to church...and then we'll see what the rest of the day may bring.
After that, we went to Walmart and bought groceries. We returned home to a house full, as Max and his friends were there. Those groceries were gone in not time.
And remember that wedding cake that I'd sat out of the freezer earlier? Well, they'd dug into that, too. And when I started coming unglued...Max said that he only ate the frosting and the flowers...that there was some of the cake left. Funny. And I couldn't be mad because it was my own fault.
Today is mine and Donnie's very first wedding anniversary. Boy, time flies. It's been a wild ride of a year.
This morning we're going to church...and then we'll see what the rest of the day may bring.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: