Tuesday, September 30, 2008

kitchen woes

I used to think I was a pretty decent cook. Then reality hit me. The only thing I'm good at fixing is 'kid food'...mac n cheese...spaghetti...hot dogs...fish sticks...you get the idea. Heck, most of the time I eat cereal. I suck at the 'planning ahead' part of cooking. I don't give meal planning much thought...never have anything thawed or all the necessary ingredients.
Don says I'm excellent at making gravy, homemade bread, and his favorite...a club sandwich. (Now that makes me feel ultra talented.)
Since we entertain regularly, I figure I better step up. I can't hide behind my husband's grilling abilities forever!
So now I'm on a mission to learn to cook some good, healthy, grown-up food. Bridgette is a natural in the kitchen, so between the both of us maybe we can figure this thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: