Friday, September 5, 2008

A new beginning...and catching up


Don and I were married August 23, 2008, and I now live with him in Sullivan, Missouri. Yep...Bridgette and I are now Yankees. In Texas, we believe anywhere north of the Red River is Yankee territory.

The last two weeks have been exciting as I have settled in and begun 'making house'. I miss my children terribly, but I have managed to enjoy myself immensely.

Thus far I've:
*assisted in planting fall food plots at the farm with Don and Tommy Schuenemeyer. The construction on the farmhouse is progressing. The wrap around porch is by far my favorite feature.
*attended Greg Altahge's retirement reception in the city. (he served 31 years with the highway patrol)
*Spent a night at historical Hotel Frederick in Boonville
*fished on Truman lake with Don and Keith Higgins (we caught a total of 46 catfish labor day weekend on trot lines)
*dove hunted (I did not shoot...instead I handled the dog, Charlie, and we had a great time retrieving birds)
*fallen in love with hummingbirds (we have about 12 birds that feed on our feeders. I had no idea how aggressive and territorial the little suckers are. I make the nectar with sugar and water as they prefer my mixture to the store bought stuff. Here we can keep the feeders up thru October 15th. We really enjoy watching them.
*spent time on the house. Now that the house is done I am excited to buy furniture and decorate
*attended Max's football games
*and watched as Bridgette is adapting and finding her niche at school.
This is a busy life, but I am thrilled to be a housewife. Our life is much calmer with me home.


Miss Bridgette:
...she is doing wonderful. She hit the ground running from the first day of school. She's made numerous friends and has involved herself in FFA and the Art Club. She's even doing a great job keeping her room clean. Way to go, Bridge!


Sage, Reese, and Reagan:
They are doing great. In addition to speaking with them on a regular basis, I keep up with them via their family blog. I miss them so much and look forward to seeing them soon.
I love you kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: