The day began with the ringing of the doorbell around 9am. I assumed it was the water damage guys who come every day to check on the status of all the de-humidifiers running downstairs due to the water leak.
So I immediately fling open the front door.
But, no...
it was two little eldery women about ninety years old...and they happened to be Jehovah's witnesses.
it was two little eldery women about ninety years old...and they happened to be Jehovah's witnesses.
Oh, Joy. Now I'm really screwed.
Keep in mind that it is about fifteen degrees outside and snowing heavily. I had no choice but to let them in. I do ask them what they are doing out in this weather. They politely tell me that perhaps this is an oppurtune time to catch people at home...with the weather being bad and all. Alrighty then. These two women and I chat in the foyer for what seemed like an enternity...they read me some Scripture...and so forth. They said their peace...thanked me for inviting them in...and then they were on their way.
Hallelujah!
Don was in the kitchen the entire time and I just knew he was laughing under his breath. Sure enough, when I rounded the corner he said, "Why didn't you invite them to stay for lunch?"
Funny...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: