Then Don calls. He's being really sweet...filling me in on what's going on at the conference...then all of a sudden he says, "you sound weird...what are you up to?"
Of course my reply is, "nothing, Honey" in the most high-pitched lying voice of all time. The way I sounded he probably thinks I emptied the bank account or something.
I swear... how does he know that I am being bad? My version of being bad is...
- leaving the lights on all over the house at night because it makes me feel better
- keeping the dog inside the house 24 hours a day
- not shaving my legs for a couple of days...or wearing any make-up...or really even getting dressed
- eating out for every meal including breakfast
- being a bum in every way possible
- playing fruit basket turnover with the house
- spending half a day at the computer purchasing way too many songs from itunes
- etc., etc., etc.
Not so terrible now is it? I should've just confessed...it isn't like Don really cares what I do anyway...(That is except for keeping the dog in the house. That probably wouldn't go over too well.)
Then why do I have such a guilty conscience?
Because I know and I care. Ridiculous.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: