Today was busy. The fans and dehumidifiers are still running 24/7 in the basement and will continue probably through Saturday. The people show up twice a day to take moisture readings of the walls. It's quite fascinating...of course...when it's happening at someone else's house.
I spent all morning in the office preparing for an afternoon of meetings. Don and Peterson spent the morning meeting with attorneys....which he always loves. Peterson is kind enough to pick Bridgette up from school and bring her home when I'm out of town...which I really appreciate and Bridgette really doesn't. Hey...it beats walking or riding the bus.
When Nick came home for lunch I asked his opinion on which shoes looked best with my dress. He was really sweet and helpful...but then on second thought...maybe he steered me in the wrong direction and he wanted me to look funny. I'm pretty safe there...too much effort and thought for a nineteen year old. Thankfully, Nick likes his job and is doing well. He's working in the office and the secretaries are training him well...they don't allow him to chew tobacco...and they're working on his phone etiquette. This is a bad time of year to be answering the phone. Seems like everybody that calls is mad because they have a sick baby and therefore cannot have their gas cut off...no matter that they haven't attempted to pay in months. Who knew there were so many sick babies?
Speaking of babies...Skeeter is becoming more and more a part of the family. Don messes with him and everything...he's just too macho to admit he likes this little bitty dog.
Don and I spent the afternoon in meetings. My next task is to head up the committee for the St. James Grape Jam which is a blue grass festival in the middle of wine country. I'm excited about this one...some of my 'jobs' aren't near this much fun. We also met with an interior designer, Joe. He's a little feminine...but amazing at what he does. I so wanted to bring him home with me...TODAY. Don keeps telling me, "One project at a time, Demand-a."
After all the business was concluded, we went out to dinner with friends, Chuck and Rhonda. I especially enjoy spending time with Rhonda, as we have a lot in common. She has four children almost the exact same age as mine, and two of her kids live with their dad.
Somewhere in between all of this, I talked to Bridgette and told her that I actually bought some Hot Pockets...shocker...and that they were in the freezer. I spoke to Jon and Reagan about the kids flying up here for spring break....and I talked to Reese about his doctor's appointment regarding his finger. I have a difficult time actually catching Sage, so I leave her a lot of cheesy voice mails.
We made it home fairly early...but I've been unable to sleep well. It's probably my guilty conscience...and the wine. You know...when someone you grew up with is really hateful to you and you swear you're going to be a better person and not respond...but then you just can't help it. I sure felt better...at the time anyway. Now I feel like I'm back in junior high. And what makes it worse is that Don is soooo nice...he's not letting me off the hook...provoked or not. He really gets a bad wrap because he doesn't look or sound like he would be nice, but he is. In all of his dealings and experience he doesn't understand why people have to be so mean. I have found that midwestern people just aren't.
Thankfully...God forgives...even when people don't.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: