Sunday, September 13, 2009

Go figure...

Teresa is the kids' Sunday School teacher. She has a great smile.
Veronica
Ben
The assembly line
Aaron (Bridgette's secret admirer)

This morning before church the youth made breakfast to raise donations for a mission trip. Since I had to take the kids early anyway, I decided to stay and help. I used my gravy making skills to help glorify God.

Later on, during Sunday school, Charlotte, (teacher and preacher's wife) told me that after seeing my kids at breakfast, she asked her husband if he saw me anywhere. He told her I was in the kitchen cooking. She told him no...she was talking about Amanda Schaefer. Again, he told her I was in the kitchen cooking and had been all morning! Evidently she was quite surprised. Go figure.

On another note...Charlotte is doing a project on diversity for one of her graduate classes. She is using me as her example of how Midwesterners have stereo-types about Texans and other southerners. She gave me a page of questions to answer and also requested permission to use the picture of me holding the photo of mom in her wedding dress. Charlotte is doing a power point presentation. She's going to start with a picture of a toothless hillbilly....do the presentation on her friend, Amanda. And then show the wedding picture at the end and reveal that this is the real Southern Blue Bell she was referring to. It sounds interesting and I was very flattered she thought of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: