We hadn't seen Skeeter since last night. He didn't show up in the morning...at lunch...or after school. We cased the neighborhood...asked around...and even went in the woods and searched for my beloved Skeeter. He's never ventured outside the driveway. His legs are too short to go very far.
When he hadn't shown up by 5pm I was devastated.
I felt sure my Skeeter was gone forever. I even cried real tears that totally freaked Reese out.
Don took me to dinner, and then we went to the football game. When we got home around 10pm, I was hoping that Skeeter had returned. No such luck.
I was the last to go in the house.
Nonetheless...I heard Reese holler...and then I heard the jingle of Skeet's tags. My Skeeter had been found!
Skeeter had somehow been shut up in the hall linen closet. A closet we rarely use. When Reese walked by, he heard Skeeter scratching on the door, and thus let him out.
Skeeter was shell shocked...he shook uncontrollably. I think he was beginning to think he would never see us again, too.
Anyway...we're glad he's back.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: