Donnie, Bridgette, Reese, and I spent Labor Day Weekend at Lake Truman. We fished for crappie...ran trot lines...hung out with Keith Higgins....and cooked out. We even went out and ate Mexican food one night. We had so much fun. Reese and Bridgette made great boat hands. We came home with quite a bit of catfish and crappie. We'll be having a fish fry sometime this week.
I was very proud of myself for driving the pickup and boat trailer down to the loading ramp and actually backing the trailer down the ramp and into the water so Donnie could load the boat. It's a lot harder than it looks...everything is backwards. I know I embarrassed the kids to death because it took me forever to back down there and as I was nearing the water Donnie had to make hand motions of which way I should turn the wheel. But...at the end of the day...I did it!!! And now that I know I can do it....I won't be afraid to keep trying until I get good at it.
Reese took some amazing pictures of the lake...as usual. And Miss Bridgette drove me and my car all the way home. In the holiday traffic and everything. She did a great job...and it's not long until she'll get her license.
Back at home...I'm doing laundry...Reese is at Cross Country practice...Donnie's piddling...and Bridgette's doing homework.
All of the kids are anxiously awaiting the impending birth of their baby brother. They are so excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: