Thursday, September 24, 2009

This n That

The kids are at an FFA meeting...and they're eating supper there. I am here cooking a ton of food because I set out a bunch of meat to thaw at the beginning of the week....enough meat to last a freaking month. Especially considering that Don and I ate out one night this week. The kids were gone for supper on Monday. And I ended up cooking fish one night instead of pork tenderloin. So, by the time I go to bed tonight there will be enough food in the fridge to feed an army. But no one is here to eat it because I know the kids will have frozen pizzas while I'm gone. Hmmmmm.
Wasn't that a long paragraph about nothing!
It rained all day today...and it's still dreary and foggy.
I had a good day at work. I was interviewed for an article in the Rolla Paper and the St. James Paper because we're doing a dual ribbon cutting next week. I made sure I was able to proofread the write-up before it went to press, and luckily I only had to make a few minor changes. Donnie is paranoid about how much information goes out about him. Understandably so I reckon.
We had a housekeeping meeting today to go over some ways to make things operate more efficiently. We had pizza during the meeting. I printed up a monthly newsletter for the employees. And they were so excited. It doesn't take much to make people feel like they matter. I am working diligently to beat the odds of the enormous employee turnover rate in the hospitality business. So far so good...I just gotta keep letting them know how much they're appreciated while also maintaining a high code of conduct. Pretty much like raising teenagers!
I'm getting my stuff ready to head to Texas tomorrow. I am so very excited to see my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: