I feel like I've been all over the world today. I had to go back to Jefferson City and get another criminal background check on Donnie in order to complete the liquor license application. To do it by mail would've taken three weeks, so I decided to make the drive and be done with it. I already did this a couple of months ago, but by now it wasn't current enough. And once again....his record is clean. Thank goodness he's not a serial killer...you just never know! Hahaha.
In this licensing process they require everything short of your firstborn.
If anyone out there ever decides they need a liquor license, let me know, because after jumping through all these hoops I'm now a professional.
Got 'er done though!
And the drive was beautiful, which helped, especially now that every thing has greened up.
During my driving time, I called and talked to Ma. She seemed like she's doing tremendously well, and she was as nice as she could be. I enjoyed visiting with her. I understood that Courtney is still not feeling well, and I sure hate that. She's had a rough time.
I also talked to Sage. I sure miss my babies.
I took Bridgette to get her eyebrows waxed and her nails done so she'll be ready for prom on Saturday. We purposefully made the appointments early as to avoid the pandemonium of the prom-zillas.
We've got a busy week ahead, as Don and I will be going ninety to nothing in different directions. He has to lay petro-mat every day the weather is good, and my calendar is booked with trying to get everything coordinated to open June 1.
And of course there's prom on Saturday.
The pollen count here is astronomical, which sucks for our allergies. In fact, my front porch is covered in green pollen.
On a different subject, I saw something today that I would like to have at some point. A kindle. Matt got Kandi one for mother's day and he's keeping it at the office til Sunday. He'd already downloaded a few books, so I was able to play around on it. Pretty cool. I think I will wait until the price drops, as $350 is pretty steep. Plus I'm old-fashioned in the sense that I like the feel and even the smell of an actual book in my hands. I have a hard time keeping up with all these gadgets. It was pretty nifty though.
Donnie's still not back from laying petro-mat in the city today. I always worry about them when they do work in St. Louis. He did call and let me know that they'd be home around 6:30pm.
I better go scrounge up something for supper.
Enjoy your evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: