Friday, May 1, 2009

MA-isms

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older.....or maybe it's in my genes....or perhaps I'm just becoming aware of humanity's over-consumption...
But whatever it is...
I've turned into a modern day version of Ma.
Case in point....when it rains, I run and place buckets outside to catch the water so I can use it to water my indoor plants.
I'm more frugal than I've ever been.
And something tells me our personalities must be similar, because I have the feeling I'm nicknamed De-manda for a reason.
And the most recent Ma-ism...
I made my own laundry detergent.
Yes, shocking, I know. And it's not lye soap either.
I got the recipe from the Detergent Diva....followed the directions, and now I have a five gallon bucket of concentrated detergent. And it's fabulous. And cheap. I reuse my Tide bottle to dispense it.
Pretty amazing, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I didn't even think of making my own detergent. That's a cool way to save money. I'm afraid if I tried it though, my clothes would come out discolored...and torn to shreds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a comment: