Monday, May 4, 2009

Recap of Sunday

Early yesterday morning, Donnie shot another turkey. This time it was really at tom.
Elated, he and the boys headed home around mid morning. I now have three wild turkeys in my freezer that eventually have to be cooked and eaten. Oh, joy.
Meanwhile, I was on my way to church for the first time since moving here in August. Bridgette's friend had spent the night, so the girls didn't attend with me. I was pleased to find a Baptist Church that is along the same lines as those in Texas. Bridgette's biology teacher is the preacher's wife and they are originally from Arkansas.
Since next Sunday is Mother's Day, Bridgette is obligated to go to church with me, and once I get her there, she'll enjoy it I'm sure.
Immediately following church, I came home to find Donnie packing-up to go fishing...and he was ready to go. I was on the phone to my mom and still in my dress and heels running around trying to get ready. My parents both sounded great and Bridgette was there to unzip my dress, so all was well.
Donnie and I went trout fishing in the rain.
Rain or shine...it's always fun.
Afterwards, we went to Rolla to a friend's house to check out his beer brewing skills. Don has the connections to help him with a micro brewery, and we wanted to see what the process was all about. It's extremely interesting. We were at a house full of twenty-somethings with all of their little ones. It really brought back some memories. These parents seemed so young...perhaps because they are....and perhaps because I'm getting old.
Anyway, the food was great and it was nice to play with the babies and then leave them there.
We made it home in time to watch Celebrity Apprentice.
So all in all....it was a terrific Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: