Friday, May 1, 2009

In a funk...

My evening is not going well.
Don and the boys went to the farm for the weekend. I had to stay here to attend Sip n Savor, a wine tasting event held tomorrow in St. James , where I will be rubbing elbows with some of the wineries that we will be representing at the hotel. Although I typically don't mind attending events alone...this time I wish my husband would go with me. But, again....he prefers anonymity and likes to operate behind the scenes. Lucky him.
Anyway...
Tonight was supposed to be a quiet and relaxing evening at home.
I needed to cook the two 12 0z steaks I've had seasoned in the fridge for several days.
Within a few minutes after putting them on the grill I see an enormous amount of smoke rolling out of the ole Webber. I run outside to see the precious steaks engulfed in flames. In the process of trying in vain to save them, I burned my finger. Ouch. I feel a blister coming on.
BB might have eaten these pieces of charred meat, but Skeeter wouldn't. Once they had cooled and I realized they were totally uneatable, I tried to cut up some pieces to feed to my dear Skeeter. He started gagging and coughing so bad that I thought I was going to have to perform the Heimlich maneuver and I was trying to figure out how in the hell I was going to do that to this little dog. Finally he was able to swallow and regain control of himself. Thank God.
I headed to the fridge to get a Dr. Pepper...the quintessential cure to all of life's problems...only to have can after can roll onto the floor because whoever opened the box and put it in the fridge did so incorrectly.
Enough already!
Bridgette's on a date...I now have a glass of wine in hand....and I am determined to curl up on the couch and find a good movie to watch, and thus enjoy the remainder of the evening.
Tomorrow will be a new and exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: