Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sage, Bridgette, Reese, and Reagan

Last year, on Mother's Day, I was watching Reagan get Baptized. That was a very special day.
This Mother's Day, however, was a bittersweet day for me.
Although I am phenomenally proud of each of my wonderful children...I am saddened that we weren't able to spend the day together. The kids handle it much better than their momma.
So today, I did what I could to make the best of it.
Sage, Reese, and Reagan sent me two of the most fitting Mother's Day cards. I could tell they picked them out themselves. They were perfect.
Bridgette gave me some lovely flowers, and more importantly, she went to church with me.
My Dad called me this morning. I talked to Ma and Mom, and I spoke with each of the kids.
Donnie gave me four new hummingbird feeders...one for each kid... and my hummingbirds love them.
This afternoon, we went to Vi's and spent some time with Donnie's family.
All in all, it was an enjoyable and relaxing day. I think I only cried twice. Not bad for a tit bag like me.
So...
when I get bummed out and I'm really missing my kids, I take a moment to pause, close my eyes and think of each one of them individually and truly appreciate the Gift that God has given me. I love them so much.
I'm smiling from ear to ear.
And the best part of it all...is that I have the joy and honor of being a mother to Sage, Bridgette, Reese, and Reagan, every single day, for the rest of my life.
There's nothing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: