Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Higher Education

Don and I spent most of the day in the city. We went to downtown Clayton, which is the 'Wall Street' of St. Louis, to meet with some financial advisors.
I was fascinated. There were financial institiutions everywhere.
It was raining so I was glad I had my umbrella. I enjoyed watching all the suits walk by up and down the sidewalks with their umbrellas in hand, too. I was also impressed by the tall office buildings...the nice boardroom...and all the jibberish that was talked about in the meeting. I'm sure it was important, but I didn't understand most of it.
We had lunch at a fancy little place across the street. Don and I both had grilled chicken salad, and a bowl of tomato and fennel soup.
It doesn't take much to impress this country girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: