I just phoned a florist and had flowers sent to a woman...from my husband.
Hmmmmm...you might say. But there's more to the story. And one of these days I will get this man trained completely.
Don was on the phone to this lady...who handles some of his business...and he made her cry. Even though he never said anything ugly and never raised his voice...I saw it coming. It was the line of questioning and that authoritative voice and putting her on the spot that did it. And before knowing him like I do...I would've cried too.
HE didn't see it coming though...and when she started crying...he felt horrible. He apologized profusely, but the damage had already been done.
So...we ordered her some flowers. And this is what he put on the card:
Sorry I was such an a$$#*le. I know you're under the gun. -Schaefer
(isn't that sweet)
She works in a very large office with numerous women...is older and single...and probably doesn't get flowers very often. This is a tough way to get them, but I hope it makes her Monday a little better.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: