I find it interesting that the qualities in my personality that my family and friends in Texas viewed as negative....are the very same qualities that bring me success in my current life here in Missouri. Who would've thought??
Parts of my personality that Texans viewed as "over the top" or "flirty'"are considered "dynamic" and "engaging" here. My appearance in Texas was considered "too much" or "wild" is viewed in Missouri as "professional and full of presence". Being "out spoken and opinionated" in Texas is the equivalent to being "well spoken and direct" here. In Texas, wanting more out of life is considered greedy, and in Missouri it's considered ambition. I guess that goes to show that I am where I need to be. Perhaps west Texas was a little more conservative...or Missouri is more accepting. Either way, I'm glad I was able to find a place in this world where being me is okay.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: