Bridgette and I finally made it home this evening. It's a tough drive no matter how you cut it. We're tired, but glad to be home.
Easter in Texas was bittersweet.
I enjoyed the kids soooo much. We spent two days in Lubbock buying Bridgette's prom dress and having it altered...it looks amazing on her..., and then just shopping and eating out. The kids were very grateful and seemed to appreciate their Easter gifts. Reese and Bridgette got clothes, Reagan got clothes and shoes, and Sage got a watch. Sage doesn't want much...she's content with what she has...and she isn't a big shopper, so I was thrilled to be able to buy her something she really wanted. It was fun shopping for all of them. Reagan was dancing to the music in Abercrombie and got busted by a cute sales guy. We laughed and laughed. And as usual...I completely enjoyed Reese and his humor.
The kids gave me a Yankee candle for Easter...which they know I love. And at a friend's birthday party a few weeks ago, Reagan made me the neatest ceramic heart with my initial on it and it hangs from a ribbon. I was so thrilled that she made it just for me.
Aaron and Sage came over to Ma's and Aaron played checkers with Ma. It was really cute and Ma ended up winning. We love Aaron.
I got to visit with Barbara Saturday afternoon. Reese and Reagan went with me and they hung out with Mandy while Barbara and I did some much needed catching up. After I left her, I called Jimmy and had a nice chat with him. I think a lot of Barbara and Jimmy, as they are both good people and extremely bright.
Easter Sunday was kind of neat. Ma allowed us to invite Sage and Bridgette's 'Grandpa Bill' for lunch. He was a very polite and gracious guest and it was nice to see the girls with him.
Sunday evening, the kids went to Nana's for supper. Bridgette's friend Marti went along with them and they had a good time there riding four wheelers and playing pool.
On a different note...one of the saddest things about the trip was how Ma's health and mind have deteriorated since I last saw her. The illness has brought out a meanness in Ma, making it difficult at best, for her caregivers and those around her. It's a very sad situation. Otherwise, I was happy to see Mom, Dad, and Courtney, and spend some time with the family. Skeeter had a ball playing with the other dachshunds, even though he was afraid of them at first...and it took him awhile to realize he was a dog. Now I think he misses them.
Now that I'm back home...vacation's over...time to hit it hard tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: