Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers and Fish

The guys went fishing at Meramec Springs this afternoon, while Bridgette and I went to the hotel first and then met up with the guys. Bridgette and I walked Skeeter while the guys cleaned fish.
When we got home, I fried fish. I'm getting better and better at the 'fresh kill and then eat' thing, although it's taken me awhile to adjust.
The dark purple and the white tulips from our yard made it into a vase as the centerpiece for the table. They are really pretty. I actually picked them because I planted the bulbs in a place that didn't seem too odd at the time, but when they came up it was like, "what was I thinking???". Heck...I planted sixty of those suckers, so after awhile I was running out of places to put them. Plus the landscaping guru is coming tomorrow and I didn't want him to think I was a total dork. I cut the tulips off at the ground and then moved the mulch around so you couldn't see the stems. I will dig up the actual bulbs and move them at a later date.
And we were so excited that we saw the first hummingbird come to the feeder today. Watching the hummingbirds is one of my favorite things.
Barbara emailed me that Jimmy sent all the girls at the office flowers today for Administrative Assistant's Day. I told her to tell him there must've been a mistake because I didn't receive mine. In fact, since I've gotten married the only flowers I get are ones that I pick out of my own yard!
Hint, hint, Donnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: