I was on the run all day today...
In heels...
And it was hot here in Missouri.
This morning, Donnie and I took separate vehicles to his uncle's funeral in Linn, MO (about an hour from here), because we were going separate directions afterwards. This was my first time to ever set foot in a Catholic Church and I was a little nervous...especially regarding Catholic protocol...something a Southern Baptist white girl from Texas knows nothing about. Donnie was very attentive, so I fared well...and actually enjoyed the experience.
Not exactly an appropriate reaction to a funeral, mind you.
I was fascinated by the kneeler things, as well as the ceremony aspect of the service. I also had the opportunity to meet many of the Schaefer's for the first time. Nice people...and I liked them immediately because they are commercial hog farmers. Can't go wrong there!
As soon as the funeral was over I jumped in my car and headed to St. James to sit in on the interviews for a hotel manager. I was really looking forward to this....I thought the experience would be akin to being a judge for American Idol tryouts...in that there would be lots of gubers come through and few talented people. I truly thought it would be entertaining.
I couldn't have been more wrong.
As a reflection of the current economic times, many of the applicants are highly educated, experienced, and articulate. A few had been laid off from their 'corporate America jobs' in sales and finance.
I was truly humbled.
It was almost 6:00pm when I left the hotel. Donnie is on his way to the farm with some materials for the carpenter. He's going to stay and turkey hunt through the weekend.
I talked to my mom on my way home. She sounds much better, so hopefully she's on her way to a speedy recovery.
Courtney's surgery is tomorrow, so be sure and pray for her.
And today is Max's 18th birthday. He has plans with his girlfriend and didn't want to do anything with us...a sure sign he's growing up.
When I arrived home a little while ago, I was thrilled to see that I had received a letter in the mail from Reagan...some of it was even in German. She's evidently learning German from Rosetta Stone.
I just love her letters.
It's been a long day...
still no flowers...
I think I'll go and put my feet up now.
Enjoy your evening!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: