Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Project Hotel

We just finished up round two of interviews for a manager and I think we have our guy. As soon as I can wrap up the details of the retirement/insurance benefit package, we will officially offer this guy the job.
As we enter the final stretch of the project, it's extremely intense and stressful. For the most part, Donnie stays out of the picture which puts a ton of pressure on me. Awhile back, I asked him what would happen if he hates the tile and the fixtures I picked out for the VIP suite. His reply was, "I just won't go in that room again."
Good enough. Now I make all kinds of decisions without him. You know...ask for forgiveness and not for permission.
Anyway...
The landscapers were there with dump trucks and a bobcat pulling out old bushes and doing all sorts of stuff. The workers are Hispanic, so it was nice to see some mexicans for a change. And especially some that were actually working!
I know, I know...I'm terrible. It's all lighthearted though.
Now I'm back home working on the liquor license.
The kids got out of school at noon today, so I have a house full. The apple dumplings (from PW blog)that Bridgette insisted on making since she had some at Nana's and said they were scrumptious, were a big hit, especially with the boys. And they are scrumptious. I'm glad they're eating them...or else I would be.
Now back to work before I get further distracted by the thought of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: