Thursday, April 23, 2009

Weird Neighbors

Gramps....you would be proud. I did my so called good deed for the day.
Or did I?
One of our neighbors...a 12-year old girl, rang our doorbell. When I opened the door, I noticed she was in tears. She had been dropped off at her house...no one was home... and she realized she had forgotten her key. She was locked out of her house. With that discovery....she also realized she had left her cell phone in the grass at the softball park across town.
So....I took her across town to the park, where she found her cell phone in the grass...where she noticed she had missed a call from her mom...who informed her that the house had been unlocked the entire time.
And her mom wasn't pleased she had inconvenienced me.
But it was a great experience, nonetheless.
I told this impressionable girl not to worry about it. Between Don and I we had six kids and I understand that sometimes shit just happens and I didn't mind not one bit giving her a ride. She just smiled.
We are typically the "weird" neighbors who keep to ourselves and so it was nice to get an opportunity to chat with this young lady. Although it did crack me up...that upon noticing I was all dressed up...she asked, "so what exactly do you do?"
Hmmmm....
I didn't really have a concrete answer to that.
I guess we still are...and always will be...the "weird" neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: