Thursday, April 30, 2009

Shower Wars

For as long as I have known Nick, he's taken extremely long showers....45 minute showers, to be exact. Of course he uses up every drop of available hot water. It used to make me soooo mad, and since we have yet to find an effective method to shortening his shower time, we for the most part work around it. Bridgette bathes at night. Don takes a five minute shower and he doesn't care if the water is cold, so it doesn't matter when he showers.
Nick goes to work around 7:20am, so he gets in the shower around 6:15am. I usually take my bath at 8:00am...enough time for the hot water heater to replenish the supply following Nick's shower.
Anyway...this morning I had to leave early to drive to Jefferson City, so I wanted to take my bath before Nick got up. I set my alarm for 6am, but hit the snooze button a couple of times. I immediately jumped out of bed as I heard Nick start up his shower. I ran into mine and Don's bathroom and turned on the hot water to the huge jetted tub that I rarely use because it takes so much water to fill it. I let the hot water run until it ran out and the water ran cold.
As a result, I had plenty of hot water to bathe in, plus Nick took a much quicker shower than normal. I guess one solution to the dilemma is to beat him to the punch.
This could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: