Friday, March 20, 2009

Excursions

Bridgette had a dairy judging contest in Linn today and had to be at school at 6:15am. Don left for the farm around mid-morning. That left me, Reese, and Reagan most of the day to go on an excursion.
First of all, we went to St. James so the kids could see the hotel. They met the project manager, Matt, and he gave us a tour and showed us some different things the crew had completed. The kids were extremely polite, so as usual I was very proud of them. We talked about different jobs the kids could do in the summer. Reagan wants to be a cashier at the gift shop, but we think she's the perfect height to clean toilets. And Reese would like to do the landscaping or be the pool boy, but he's more suited to carry luggage for old people. We're having fun with the ideas anyway.
Next, we went antiquing. We had a blast. Reagan was like me and could spend hours looking at every little thing. Reese on the other hand, soon grew impatient. At the other end of the building I would here the sounds of an old typewriter...or someone strumming a guitar..and immediately I knew who it was.
Yep...it was Reese.
But other than that...he was great.
We did end up making a couple of purchases. Reese bought a rock...iron ore...is what I think he said it was. Reagan bought a purse with a clasp and a cookbook. I spent a great deal of time looking through the old books and vintage linens, but didn't purchase anything. I look forward to doing this again with those two...they're good little rummage-ers.
We ended the adventure by stopping at Dairy Queen for a bite to eat. I don't know why Reese and Reagan always want to go there, but they do. I've had about all of DQ I can stand.
I also spoke with my mom a couple of times, as well as Courtney, who called to thank me for her birthday gift. Courtney will be fifteen on Sunday.
Now that I'm home...I don't want to do any of the things I need to be doing. I did return a few phone calls, plus I made an appointment next week for a walk-thru with a potential house keeper. Hallelujah for that!
Also...I was quite humbled today...
I received the best thank you note I've ever received in my life...from my cousin, Shawn, who wrote to thank me for the housewarming gift.
It was so thoughtful and inspirational that it gave me the desire to go out and save the world.
I haven't had that feeling in quite awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a comment: