Skeeter went to the vet this morning for his last set of shots. He now weighs 4.6 pounds. Skeet is four months old and the vet said as a rule of thumb they are half grown at this age. He said most full grown dachshunds are about 12 pounds with the bigger ones being around 18 pounds. He thinks Skeet will be a lot smaller.
Skeet got to see a couple of dogs this morning....big dogs. He started trembling uncontrollably and his heart rate was still through the roof when the vet checked him out. He attributed it to nerves. While we were in the waiting room with the other dogs, Skeeter laid on my shoulder and stuck his head up underneath my hair. I think he thought if he couldn't see the dogs then they couldn't see him either. So cute.
I know, I know...I'm just like the other "little dog people" that I used to make fun of.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: