I wanted to cook a special meal for the family for supper last night. After giving it some thought, I decided to cook beef tenderloin. Expensive...yes...but so is taking eight people out to eat at a restaurant...and this would be even better.
Reese, Reagan, and I had several errands to run. We went to Hood's (an overstock home improvement store) to get additional tile for the farmhouse. These are 20x20 tiles and we needed 15 boxes...heavy stuff. Since this is a low overhead place, Reese and this one employee named Bridget, had to load these boxes on to a cart..wheel it out to the pick-up...and then unload. I was wearing a skirt...and Reagan is little...so all we could do were things like...count the boxes, open the doors, etc., pretty convenient, huh?
Reese was a stud, let me tell you.
We then went to the grocery store, where I had to specifically ask the butcher for a beef tenderloin. Reagan is really taking all of this in.
Fast forward to supper.
We're all sitting around the table eating, and Reagan says," Mom, aren't you going to tell Don how much the meat cost?"
We all just get really quiet and Reagan has a little smirk on her face.
"I bet Don has a good idea how much it costs," I said.
Don says,"probably between $6.99 and $15.00 a pound."
"And it weighed 5 pounds and cost-ed $60.00!" exclaims Reagan so smugly.
Don't you just love little girls? From the ages of 2 thru 11 they are just like little tape recorders.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Post a comment: